Jetzt erhältlich: Das STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio App für Android!
Gute Neuigkeiten für alle SDR-Fans!
Das STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio App für Android steht nun zum Download für alle bereit! DRM hören – Digital Radio Mondiale live Radiosendungen auf Ihrem Android Smartphone oder Tablet: Einfach ein SDR RF-Dongle and den USB-Port anschließen, fertig!
Die STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio-App ermöglicht es Ihnen, komfortabel jede DRM Live-Radiosendung auf Ihrem Android Smartphone oder Tablet zu empfangen, ganz ohne Internetverbindung. Alles, was benötigt wird, ist ein SDR HF-Dongle oder Empfänger, der einfach an den USB-Port angeschlossen wird.
DRM oderr Digital Radio Mondiale ist der globale Digitalradiostandard, der für sämtliche digitalen internationalen terrestrischen Ausstrahlungen sowie für nationale and lokale Programmverbreitungen in vielen Ländern verwendet wird. Haben Sie Interesse, mehr über DRM, die Features und laufende Sendungen zu erfahren? Besuchen Sie die DRM Website!
Das STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio-App wurde für einfachste Bedienerfreundlichkeit entwickelt und unterstützt sämtliche Hauptfunktionen des DRM-Standards:
- Listener-centric and easy to navigate app design and user interface
- Multiple user interface languages. Currently supported: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Convenient frequency tuning and DRM Service selection
- DRM Service labels and graphical service logos
- Full service metadata: programme/app type, language, country of origin, etc.
- All standardized DRM audio codecs incl. xHE-AAC with optimized tune-in performance for a quick start of audio playback
- Journaline, DRM’s advanced text application, allows to interactively browse through latest news, sports and weather updates, programme background information and schedules, distance learning/RadioSchooling text books, travel information, and much more
- Full Journaline feature set including hot-button interactivity, geo-references and embedded/linked images
- Convenient and fast Journaline information access with update notifications for page-content (and automatic updates for menus), as well as persistent caching for instant content access when switching between DRM services
- DRM text messages incl. DL+ support
- Slideshow images
- Unicode support for all textual elements: service labels, text messages, Journaline
- DRM EWF – Emergency Warning Functionality within the DRM transmission: in case of an emergency alarm signal, automatically re-tunes from the current service to the emergency programme; presents the emergency audio along with multi-lingual Journaline content to provide in-depth instructions with interactive access and to serve non-native speakers or hearing impaired users
In addition, STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio is designed for maximum tuning flexibility and performance:
- Free tuning to any DRM broadcast frequency
- Supports all DRM frequency bands – from the former AM bands (LW/MW/SW) to the VHF bands (including the FM band), depending only on RF dongle functionality
- Supports all DRM robustness modes (A-E), modulation parameters and on-air signal bandwidths
- Optimized frequency tuning and re-sync performance
- Graphical spectrum view to check the signal on the tuned frequency
For live reception, an SDR RF dongle must be connected to the device’s USB port (with USB host functionality). The following SDR RF dongle families are currently supported, along with a range of specifically tested models:
- Airspy HF+ family:
Airspy HF Discovery, Airspy HF+ (Dual Port).
(Note: Airspy Mini and R2 are NOT supported.)
- SDRplay family:
SDRPlay RSP1A, SDRPlay RSPdx, SDRPlay RSPduo, SDRPlay RSP1, SDRPlay RSP2, SDRPlay RSP2pro, MSI.SDR Panadapter
The experimental support for RTL-SDR based RF dongles requires that you manually start the following separate tool before opening this app (on standard port ‘14423’): The app ‘SDR driver’ can be installed from the Google Play Store and other Android app stores.
Fragen & Antworten
Q: When I connect my AirSpy HF+ or SDRplay based dongle to the phone while the app is running, nothing happens.
A: When you start the app for the first time, you will see a detailed 3-step instruction how to successfully connect the RF dongle to your phone, and how to start tuning. Just follow these steps closely.
Should the app still not be able to detect your RF dongle or tune to a frequency, please ensure that your device does support USB host functionality (sometimes called USB-on-the-go). If USB host functionality is not supported by your device, you cannot attach any external USB slave devices such as USB thumb drives or RF dongles.
Very often the cable is the problem as the micro-USB port and connector are quite sensitive. A micro-USB cable may still work for charging but the data connection has become faulty. Perhaps try a new cable – and make sure it is enabled for data usage and not only for charging.
Even with USB host functionality supported by your device, the USB port may not provide sufficient power to drive the RF dongle. In this case there may be solutions to connect the power input of the RF dongle to a dedicated battery pack (use at your own risk!).
Q: Is my SDR RF dongle XXX supported by this app?
A: Dongle families not listed above as supported WILL NOT WORK. Still, we appreciate your feedback regarding which non-listed dongle families you intend to use, to help with the further development of the app and to ensure we can add in future support for new dongle families most widely used.
Should you use an RF dongle model that is not yet listed above but still works, we would be very happy to hear about it as well, so that we can list the model as supported and thus help other users of this app.
If your RF dongle is listed above as supported but you still experience problems, please contact us under email@example.com and let us know your exact dongle models and the steps to reproduce the error (ideally with screenshots).
Q: Why does the STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio app cost money?
A: Many years of hard work and passion have been invested into the development of this app and its components. It is this software that takes care of all the DRM decoding and functionality, while the RF dongle just provides digital samples of the on-air signal (without knowing anything about DRM).
You surely would not expect the USB RF dongle that you purchased to be handed out for free to everybody? Therefore, we believe that this app justifies the equivalent of two cups of Cappuccino, to in return bring you the best DRM digital radio experience. 😊
Q: I found a problem with the app. Who can I contact?
A: If you have any feedback regarding this app, please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your comments and suggestions to continuously improve this app.